Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Greetings from Granger of Grimmauld for G.


Hey, G.

Just got back from the library. I was reading this Muggle history book and it says that more than five centuries ago in England, during the reign of King Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, his second wife, was beheaded on this day, May 19. Hah, fancy that! You were born on the execution day of England's first royal homewrecker! Way to go, G-girl!

I really love the post you created last April 9, so I'm returning the favor and the pleasure. But, more than this, I am honoring you today.

I bless the day you entered my classroom. And I'm so proud of you for what you have become.

I love it that you're a bookworm. You're more passionate about reading than I am, actually.

I love it that you're open-minded-- you don't take sides. You love wizards and vampires alike. You're a pacifist. You're happier than those raving mad solid Twihards and solid Potheads.


I love the fact that you are smart and conservative in your ways, but liberated in your thoughts and beliefs.

I am quite certain you will make a great mentor in the near future.

You have everything a girl could ever want: a functional family, true friends, the best education, the right value system, a very promising future, true beauty (inside and out), intelligence and wisdom. What more could you ask for? 


There's just one thing I need for you to consider changing, for your own good, G-girl: start "looking inward" more often, and stop looking out for people to admire and root for and dream about. True happiness lies within; it can't be found in a person or in a place or in an accomplishment. Look inward, G...
 
...and you will find a very beautiful woman; a blooming flower; a very gifted, very intelligent woman who DOES NOT need a man to complete her.

Do realize that most accomplished women in history are not some bloke's wife, or, if ever they're married, they usually are self-made and independent women.

If you're still unattached, it only means you must be very special to deserve someone extraordinary.

Look inward. Be happy. It's all a matter of choice. It's all laid out for you by the One Who knows best.

Happy birthday, dear friend.

Semper fidelis,

H. Granger

2 comments:

  1. H,

    Thank you so much for the nice and encouraging words... I will always be thankful for your friendship.. Thank you for seeing me... :)Your turn to make me teary eyed.. :) Merci Beacoup! Love yah! :)

    PS:
    Tnx for the gift
    and BTW, extend my tnx to Mookie! those cauldron cakes were deeeelish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! you made mookie cry!

    de rien, g.

    ReplyDelete