Saturday, December 25, 2010

What's in the Name?? : The Ultimate Reasons why you Chose to Hide under that Name a post by G.Potter♥

Hello there residents of Number 12.. Before I continue with my post.. i'd like to greet you A Happy Christmas and a happy 1st Monthsary! Hope your'e enjoying the Holidays as much as I am... I know there have been a lot happenings here in No. 12, like the wonderful Christmas Carol Of Silver Doe.. Thank for that.. The Prophecy revealed by H. Granger... whew.. And amidst all these.. I G.Potter decided to ask this question to every single resident of No.12.. Before the prophecy unfolds... Let me ask you this question: Why did you choose to hide under the name your using? why out of all the possible pen names, you have chosen that? For instance, why did Silver Doe used this name when he's actually a Stag? Why did i chose to be G.Potter, when in fact i can be G. Weasley, Bellatrix Lestrange etc.. Why? And since i'm the author of this post i will be the first to answer my question.




It will be a quite of a shock for you, that i never really liked Ginny Weasley. But, it's fair to say that i never hated her as well. I never hated her the way i hated Cho Chang (i hated her so passionately that i wanted to hex and curse her til she dies...). I haven't even noticed her that much until she and Harry kissed spontaneously after that Quidditch match. Boy, was a shocked and jealous. After that, i realized that Ginny had always been there for Harry, though i haven't noticed her that much (except on Book 2 of course). I started to see her personality, how brave and passionate she was. How she evolved from a silly little redhead girl to the seemingly attractive brave and redhead woman that stole Harry Potter's heart. I'll practically be envious to her throughout eternity.


 I chose this name,  because i can much likely relate to Ginny. She's from a family where hand-me-downs are pretty much part of your everyday life. But despite of the financial instabilities of the Weasley family, they remained content and happy by just being together. Pretty much the same with my own. 


It's not just her family background i can relate to. It's also her feelings towards the Boy Who Lived. She had the hugest crush on him. She was not herself around him. She becomes clumsy and awfully silent around Harry (that i can pretty much relate to) . But she later learned, with the help of Hermione, that life must and should move on for her. She could not always remain as the silly lovestruck girl who drools over Harry Potter. She should live her life, with or without Harry in it. And so she did. And later, Harry saw this Ginny that he didn't quite see before, and eventually, he fell in love with her.(which i hope will happen to me too)


That is the "G" part of my pen name. I didn't use Weasley because, though it sounds cute it's not me. I chose Potter because....




The "Potter" part for me represents Ginny's triumph. Her persistence and love for Harry never wavered. She ended up with the love of her life. She had her dream. And i'm very much happy for her. My part with her will always be happy. 
  
(I was also heartbroken when Harry broke up with her and she said "I never really gave up on you. Not really" )




I also discovered this:


Ginevra is the Italian form of the name Guinevere, which means "fair one". Guinevere is also the name of King Arthur's wife in Arthurian legend, famous for her affair with Arthur's chief knight Sir Lancelot. There seems to be a pattern in the Weasley family of naming members after characters in Arthurian legend. The name Ginevra is also an Italian variant of Juniper, derived from the tree or berry. Junipers were often used to represent chastity...


I didn't know this when i used G.Potter as my pen name. But it all fits just right to me. G.Potter is a person who evolved throughout the years, became brave and attractive who believes in the sanctity of marriage and resolves to stay chaste til it comes. She is persistent and smart. She's loyal and caring. She never gives up. She loves with all her heart. She will have her dream and will marry the love of her life.  And she will live happily ever after. 


That is for me, The Meaning of the name G.Potter..


And Ginevra Molly Weasley Potter gave me just enough reasons to choose her name.


And before i throw the question to you.. let me share this first..


"The plan was, which I really hope I fulfilled, is that the reader, like Harry, would gradually discover Ginny as pretty much the ideal girl for Harry. She's tough, not in an unpleasant way, but she's gutsy. He needs to be with someone who can stand the demands of being with Harry Potter, because he's a scary boyfriend in a lot of ways. He's a marked man. I think she's funny, and I think that she's very warm and compassionate. These are all things that Harry requires in his ideal woman. But, I felt — and I'm talking years ago when all this was planned — initially, she's terrified by his image. I mean, he's a bit of a rock god to her when she sees him first, at 10 or 11, and he's this famous boy. So Ginny had to go through a journey as well… I feel that Ginny and Harry, in this book, they are total equals. They are worthy of each other. They've both gone through a big emotional journey, and they've really got over a lot of delusions, to use your word, together. So, I enjoyed writing that. I really like Ginny as a character" -J.K Rowling






So there it.. It's your turn.. Why did you choose that name? It may not be as dramatic as mine but it's worth explaining and hearing. 


Go post fellow residents and Advance Happy New Year! ♥



4 comments:

  1. Dear G. Potter,

    Such great insights about Ginny Weasley. Thank you for this inspiring post.

    Happy 1st Monthsary!

    Love from,

    H. Granger

    ReplyDelete
  2. H.Granger,

    welcome H., i had fun writing this too..♥

    G.Potter♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. G. Potter:

    Thank you, G. Potter, for keeping the fire burning in the hearth of Number 12 with posts such as this one. It's great getting to know you guys more deeply.

    Silver Doe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silver Doe,

    thank you as well for responding.. though all i know about you is that you're silver doe and you're H.Granger's blueberry Cheesecake...

    G.Potter♥

    ReplyDelete